Saturday, September 24, 2011

A key hole peek into my not Hair life...









And when I say key hole that is what I mean... Because this is not exactly representative of our day to day, but it is a tiny portion of some of the magic that exists in our world so I am excited to share...

Here goes...

Just got back from Bear Valley Lake.

It was the 50th birthday of Ronny Crawford, this guy is pretty much my Soul Papa... It is hard to explain the connection I have to him or this group of people that we were celebrating with, and titles always fall short of what they actually mean to me, But it is SPECIAL and unwavering and grows stronger and stronger as we grow (stronger and stronger).
We usually go with Soul Family, Chosen Family, or The Village.

Any way it was a big deal number for Ronny, so we all came together. We stayed in the house Lloyd Bridges built for his family (back in the 70's I am guessing)... That is right... We got to stay in The Dudes (Jeff Bridges) house, I am pretty sure we stayed in his actual room. I have nothing to verify that, it was quite clearly just a hunch.

The house it's self was insane!!! Owned currently by Barbara, a friend of the soul family... Shout out to Barb for hosting us all and sharing your home with us. You are awesome!

About this place... Four stories, a laundry room on each floor, a kitchen on the top and on the bottom. Huge sauna... On a private lake that looked like it was a play mobile set... EVERYTHING was perfect! From the tiny little floating dock, the three ducks waddling by and the perfectly placed fire pit on the manicured beach... Even the ripples on the water and the sound of children's laughter spelled out perfection. No matter how hard you tried there was just no ignoring the peace and serenity of this place.

We kayaked and canoed all around, there was a huge rope swing and the water was crystal clear... I should hope so, it was what we were actually drinking as well.

The view was spectacular, like I said the house was unbelievable, the location was incredible... But the people!!!! I am telling you it is just magic when we get together... I LOVE these people as much as one can love... And I miss it more and more each time we come together than leave. We have chosen so wisely!!! But really all of our hearts just found each others, that is what I think.

Thank you for Our Village gathering--you all just fill our hearts up full!!!!